Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
henryriver1

Default Index Match Two columns Find Last Bottom

Thanks for all your help in the past, I have a list of data containing lets
say two columns. I need to find the bottom or last which meets the criteria
of column A. For instance,
Column A Column B
134 Jack
168 Frank
170 Sally
134 Rod
170 Amy
What I need is where A = 134, I want to find the last used cell where A =134
in which the answer is "Rod". I have searched for a while with other type
solutions but none for exactly what I need. Thanks in advance. My data
contains about 100 rows sometimes the data is the same 134 = Rod, but all I
want is the last cell entry where A =134.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

Assuming that A2:B6 contains the data, try...

=LOOKUP(2,1/($A$2:$A$6=134),$B$2:$B$6)

or

=LOOKUP(2,1/($A$2:$A$6=D2),$B$2:$B$6)

....where D2 contains 134.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
henryriver1 wrote:

Thanks for all your help in the past, I have a list of data containing lets
say two columns. I need to find the bottom or last which meets the criteria
of column A. For instance,
Column A Column B
134 Jack
168 Frank
170 Sally
134 Rod
170 Amy
What I need is where A = 134, I want to find the last used cell where A =134
in which the answer is "Rod". I have searched for a while with other type
solutions but none for exactly what I need. Thanks in advance. My data
contains about 100 rows sometimes the data is the same 134 = Rod, but all I
want is the last cell entry where A =134.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
henryriver1

Thanks, works like a dream. I am using this for a Real Time Reporting for
our production and they want to know what product is being ran at the current
time.

henryriver1 wrote:

Thanks for all your help in the past, I have a list of data containing lets
say two columns. I need to find the bottom or last which meets the criteria
of column A. For instance,
Column A Column B
134 Jack
168 Frank
170 Sally
134 Rod
170 Amy
What I need is where A = 134, I want to find the last used cell where A =134
in which the answer is "Rod". I have searched for a while with other type
solutions but none for exactly what I need. Thanks in advance. My data
contains about 100 rows sometimes the data is the same 134 = Rod, but all I
want is the last cell entry where A =134.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=INDEX(A1:A20,IF(B1:B20="Rod",A1:A20),ROW(A1:A20))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

(replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

"henryriver1" wrote in message
Thanks for all your help in the past, I have a list of data containing

lets
say two columns. I need to find the bottom or last which meets the

criteria
of column A. For instance,
Column A Column B
134 Jack
168 Frank
170 Sally
134 Rod
170 Amy
What I need is where A = 134, I want to find the last used cell where A

=134
in which the answer is "Rod". I have searched for a while with other type
solutions but none for exactly what I need. Thanks in advance. My data
contains about 100 rows sometimes the data is the same 134 = Rod, but all

want is the last cell entry where A =134.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Don't know what happened there, should have been

=INDEX(B1:B20,MAX(IF(A1:A20=D2,ROW(A1:A20))))

still array formula.