PC-Nut

Default Add same set of formulae at defined intervals to list of row data

Hello! I have a list 9000 rows of data and am trying to figure out a way to
analyze the data in a separate sheet tab by looking at the list of data at
every 25th interval. Is there a Macro or worksheet function that can automate
the task rather than me typing in the same formulaes 360 times. Thank you
Gord Dibben

Nut

Enter this formula in A1 of new worksheet.

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,25*ROW()-1,0)

Exchange Sheet1 for the name of your data sheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:05:07 -0800, PC-Nut
wrote:

Hello! I have a list 9000 rows of data and am trying to figure out a way to
analyze the data in a separate sheet tab by looking at the list of data at
every 25th interval. Is there a Macro or worksheet function that can automate
the task rather than me typing in the same formulaes 360 times. Thank you

Max

Another approach, quite similar to what Gord suggested ..

Assume you have in Sheet1,
data in cols A to C, in row1 down

1 Text1 Data1
2 Text2 Data2
3 Text3 Data3
etc

In Sheet2
-------------
Put in any starting cell, say in A2:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,ROWS($A$1:A1)*25-25,COLUMNS($A$1:A1)-1)

Copy A2 across as many cols as there is in Sheet1, i.e. to C2, then fill
down until zeros appear, signalling exhaustion of data extracted from Sheet1

For the sample data, you'll get:

1 Text1 Data1
26 Text26 Data26
51 Text51 Data51
etc

Adapt to suit
--
Rgds
Max
"PC-Nut" wrote in message
Hello! I have a list 9000 rows of data and am trying to figure out a way

analyze the data in a separate sheet tab by looking at the list of data at
every 25th interval. Is there a Macro or worksheet function that can

automate
the task rather than me typing in the same formulaes 360 times. Thank you

PC-Nut

Max

Thank you! This is very helpful. What I am trying to do is analyze trends in
9000 rows of data (Sheet1). However I want to in a separate worksheet
(Sheet2) I want to write formulaes that look at the 9000 rows of data in
Sheet1 at intervals of 25 rows. So in Sheet2 I want to have (9000/25) 360 row
of formulaes that analyze the 9000 rows of data and show me trends in buckets
of 25 on Sheet2.

Example: Sheet1 might have a column A of Volume of business with 9000 rows.
In sheet2, I want a column A called Volume of business that looks at Sheet1
and aggregates/sums 25 rows, then the next 25 rows and the next 25 rows until
it reviews all 9000 rows. Hope this makes sense.

Thank you for your help again.

"PC-Nut" wrote in message
Hello! I have a list 9000 rows of data and am trying to figure out a way

analyze the data in a separate sheet tab by looking at the list of data at
every 25th interval. Is there a Macro or worksheet function that can

automate
the task rather than me typing in the same formulaes 360 times. Thank you

Max

Assuming numeric data in Sheet1,
in cols A to C, from row1 down

In Sheet2
-----------
Put in the starting cell, say A2:

=SUM(OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet1!A"&ROWS($A$1:A1)*25-25+1),,COLUMNS($A$1:A1)-1,2
5))

Copy across and down

This will return the equivalents of :

In A2: =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A25), copied across to C2
In A3: =SUM(Sheet1!A26:A50), copied across to C3
etc

Just change SUM(...) to AVERAGE(...)
to calc the averages

The "25" is the height param in the OFFSET, so you could adjust this to say:
50 if the interval was 50 instead
--
Rgds
Max
"PC-Nut" wrote in message
[...]

Max

Sorry, scratch this phrase:

The "25" is the height param in the OFFSET, so you could adjust this to

say:
50 if the interval was 50 instead

Just adjust all the "25"s in the formula to say: 50