B Fraissinet

Default How do I give all access to one worksheet but not to other worksh.

I'm using Excel 2003, The 1st worksheet is our project staff schedule the
other 8 are individual's timesheet that feed from the 1st worksheet. I don't
want others within this group to see someone else's timesheet. Is there any
way to grant permissions to an individual to open the schedule (1st
worksheet) and there timesheet without opening anothers worksheet?
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Better use a different design, where you have a network resource with
subfolders for every individual (+subfolder for supervisor).

On root of network resource you have shedule worksheet. the folder is
read-only for all users except supervisor, who is managing the shedule.
Each individual has full access to his subfolder, only supervisor has access
(read-only) to others individual subfolders. Each individual has own
workbook with at least 2 sheets - the mirror of shedule from root (through
links), and his/her timesheet.
The supervisor has a workbook with staff shedule and all individual
timesheets mirrored, and maybe some additional sheets for various (summary)
reports. Supervisors workbook may be on special subfolder, or in root folder
(when this is the case, then you can protect it with password for open), or
on supervisors workstation. Moreover - you can have an unlimited number of
supervisor's workbooks - of same or different design, and on different
locations.
With design like this, every user can access his/her workbook at any time
without interfering with other users, because Excel file sharing isn't used
at all.

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets