Oscar

Default SUMIF - Range name to used for the "sum_range" portion of a SUMIF function

I am trying to use a SUMIF funtion in which the "sum_range" is defined
as a named range of cells. If I include the range name in the formula
everything is fine. However, I want to have the range name in a cell
then refernece the "sum_range" portion of the SUMIF formula to the cell
that contains the range anem. Does not appear to work.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Bob Phillips

Oscar,

Here is an example

=SUMIF(INDIRECT(C1),"ABC",INDIRECT(D1))

where C1 might hold A1:A10 or a range name, as would D1.

--

HTH

RP

oups.com...