S.C

Default Cell lock help

Is there a way to lock a specific set of cells and not the whole work sheet?
I have several cells that have formulas in them that I do not want changed,
but other cells I need the user to add their daily info.

Any help is appreciated.
Steve

Peo Sjoblom

Select the whole sheet, do formatcellsprotection, uncheck locked,
select the formulas in question (hold down ctrl while selecting them or
press F5 and click special, select formulas and press enter). Do
formatcellsprotection and check locked. Protect the sheet.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"S.C" wrote:

Is there a way to lock a specific set of cells and not the whole work sheet?
I have several cells that have formulas in them that I do not want changed,
but other cells I need the user to add their daily info.

Any help is appreciated.
Steve

Gord Dibben

Steve

By default all cells are locked when the sheet is protected.

Hit CRTL + A(twice if xl2003) then FormatCellsProtection. Uncheck "locked"
and OK.

Select the cells you wish to lock and FormatCellsProtection. Check "locked"
and OK.

Now ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP