Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louise

Default copying macros

Dear all

I posted a question last week regarding copying macros from one workbook to
another but am still stuck.......

A colleague of mine wants to create several macros for the whole team to use
and save them on a workbook (or several) on the server for us all to gain
access to. The aim is for us to open these workbooks and be able to somehow
copy the macro onto our own PC.

How would we do this?

Somebody suggested creating an Excel Add-In and save the macros into there
but not sure what this means or how to go about it.

can anybody offer any more ideas?

Thank you.

Louise
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FSt1

hi,
we had the same problem once and solved it this way.
everyone created a personal workbook and put it in their xlstart folder on
their c drive. usually it is something like c:\program
files\msoffice\office\xlstart. it seems to vary depending on version. the
personal file is then hidden. on the public drive, we create a folder titled
bas.
macros were exported to the bas folder.
how?
in the vb editor (alt+F11), in the project widow(far lower left) click to
expand the project(file that has the macro). click to expand the project
modules then right click the maro and click export. browse to the bas folder,
name the macro then click save. the macro will export as a .bas file. you can
also export user forms(.frm).
this way users can import to their personal file only the macros they need
or want.
how?
in the vb editor (alt+F11), in the project widow(far lower left) right click
the personal project and click import. browse to the bas folder. click the
..bas file(macro) you wish to import and click open.

there are other ways to handle this. this was how we did it.

regards
FSt1

"Louise" wrote:

Dear all

I posted a question last week regarding copying macros from one workbook to
another but am still stuck.......

A colleague of mine wants to create several macros for the whole team to use
and save them on a workbook (or several) on the server for us all to gain
access to. The aim is for us to open these workbooks and be able to somehow
copy the macro onto our own PC.

How would we do this?

Somebody suggested creating an Excel Add-In and save the macros into there
but not sure what this means or how to go about it.

can anybody offer any more ideas?

Thank you.

Louise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louise

Thanks for your reply. This sounds very technical! Although I do use
macros, it is only at a very basic level and some of the other users wouldn't
be able to follow these instructions as they have never even created macros
of their own.

Do you know of any easier ways??

Louise

"Louise" wrote:

Dear all

I posted a question last week regarding copying macros from one workbook to
another but am still stuck.......

A colleague of mine wants to create several macros for the whole team to use
and save them on a workbook (or several) on the server for us all to gain
access to. The aim is for us to open these workbooks and be able to somehow
copy the macro onto our own PC.

How would we do this?

Somebody suggested creating an Excel Add-In and save the macros into there
but not sure what this means or how to go about it.

can anybody offer any more ideas?

Thank you.

Louise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DS-NTE

I think your best option is to create an Add-In.
Read here to get you started:
http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut03.htm

Do some Googling to find more help, maybe get a book that covers the topics
of cretaing Add-Ins.
Its not difficult at all...

knut
"Louise" skrev i melding
Dear all

I posted a question last week regarding copying macros from one workbook
another but am still stuck.......

A colleague of mine wants to create several macros for the whole team to
use
and save them on a workbook (or several) on the server for us all to gain
access to. The aim is for us to open these workbooks and be able to
somehow
copy the macro onto our own PC.

How would we do this?

Somebody suggested creating an Excel Add-In and save the macros into there
but not sure what this means or how to go about it.

can anybody offer any more ideas?

Thank you.

Louise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louise

Thank you for your reply.
I will read the website for add-ins and see how I go.

Thanks again.

Louise