Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Andyd74

Default function to count the amount of cells depending on part of the cell entry

I want to count the number of "passes" from a column based on the
criteria that the adjacent column cells contain the letters "AB" at the
start of what ever is in the cell.

i.e.

column A column B
AB xxx pass
AB yyy pass
BC zzz pass
BC xxx fail
AB yyy fail

etc

Any ideas

thanks

--
Andyd74
Andyd74's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34013

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Andy

one way
=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT($A$1:$A$100="AB"),--($B$1:$B$100="Pass"))
Change ranges to suit but ensure that they are of equal length.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Andyd74" wrote
in message ...

I want to count the number of "passes" from a column based on the
criteria that the adjacent column cells contain the letters "AB" at
the
start of what ever is in the cell.

i.e.

column A column B
AB xxx pass
AB yyy pass
BC zzz pass
BC xxx fail
AB yyy fail

etc

Any ideas

thanks

--
Andyd74
Andyd74's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Andyd74

Thanks, but it didnt quite work, giving me a formula error

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

--