-   -   How come Word is adding zeros to a mail merge number from Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/90215-how-come-word-adding-zeros-mail-merge-number-excel.html)

Randy Toch

How come Word is adding zeros to a mail merge number from Excel?

I've set up a mail merge document in Word using an Excel spreadsheet as the
data file, but everytime Word imports the data it adds about 10 zeros
following by a "1", so 23.4 becomes 23.4000000000001. No matter how many
times a reformat the cell to only have 1 decimal place, I get this strange
output number. Has anyone run into this before???

Arvi Laanemets

How come Word is adding zeros to a mail merge number from Excel?

Hi

Formatting the cell affects only the way the number is displayed, not the
number itself. You have to round values, p.e. adding a new column with
formula =ROUND(ExactValue,1), and use this column as source for MM.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )