Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Louise

Default Bold doesn't work

Hi all

I have a really strange problem......

A colleague of mine who uses Excel on a regular basis has started having
problems with his formatting. On certain workbooks, if he uses Control and B
for bold, it doesn't work, however, if he first uses Control U for underline,
then removes it, it allows him to use Control and B???

I have tried to work out if there is a connection between all the workbooks
this happens to and we can't find anything. I have never seen this before
and am really stuck to work out what it is!

Can anybody shed any light?

Thank you in advance.

Louise
(I have posted a lot of questions here during the past few days and have
always received quick replies - just wanted to say thank you).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roly

Hi Louise,

Try either using the Detect and Repair feature on the Help menu -
remember to click the Restore my shortcuts while repairing checkbox,
because you will keep some of your settings. HAVING SAID THAT, this
happens for the whole o Office and if you have changed a lot of
settings it will take ages to reset them.

Otherwise reinstall Excel.

Good luck,

Roly

--
roly
roly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24631

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Just guesses...

Try making the zoom 100%
Maybe changing the printer (or changing to a different printer driver) would
help.