Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JaneC

Default Sheet Name Function

Hi,

I am wanting to create a list of sheet names in a workbook on the first
sheet, and then assign each name in the list a hyperlink to go to that
particular sheet. Does anybody know a formula that I can use to set this up?

Thanks,

Jane
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Create an UDF (Activate VBA editor pressing Alt+F11, insert a new module
when there is no one in your workbook, and copy the code below into it).

Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer, Optional parVolatile As Date) As
String
TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name
End Function

On sheet you want to have the list of sheets in, into cell A1 enter the
formula
=IF(ISERROR(TABI(ROW(),NOW())),"",TABI(ROW()))
, and copy it down for some number of rows.

In case you want a heading for sheets list in cell A1, enter the modified
formula into cell A2
=IF(ISERROR(TABI(ROW()-1,NOW())),"",TABI(ROW()-1))
, and again copy it down.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"JaneC" wrote in message

I am wanting to create a list of sheet names in a workbook on the first
sheet, and then assign each name in the list a hyperlink to go to that
particular sheet. Does anybody know a formula that I can use to set this
up?

Thanks,

Jane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Johnson

Hi Jane,

See recent post for interesting discussion about this formula...

how to obtain sheet name?

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Johnson

I was hoping that would be a link.

Maybe this time..

how to obtain sheet name?

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Johnson

I give in!

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"JaneC" wrote:
I am wanting to create a list of sheet names in a workbook on the first
sheet, and then assign each name in the list a hyperlink to go to that
particular sheet. Does anybody know a formula that I can use to set this up?

You're looking to build a table of contents, I believe ..

One good way is Jim Cone's fine, free product (his XL Extras add-in) at his:
http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primi...e/products.php

Scroll right down to the bottom of the page for the download link:
XL Extras - release 1.19 ... Download
A collection of additional features including...
**create table of contents with hyperlinks to each sheet

Jim's add-in will do exactly what you're looking for (and much more ..)
After installing, just click Insert Table of Contents, then sit back
and watch his magic go to work <g !
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"Ken Johnson" wrote:
I give in!

Believe you were referring to this thread:
http://tinyurl.com/mzhef

... but I'm not sure that's what the OP is looking for <g
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

After installing, just click Insert Table of Contents

The "Table of Contents" is a new menu item
which appears under the "Insert" dropdown
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

Another approach without VBA:
http://www.sulprobil.com/html/get_cell.html

Look at the proposed name WorksheetName and extract characters right
from "]".

HTH,
Bernd