Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LTUser54

Default VLOOKUP and MATCH w/ name search?

I have a worksheet with info from 2 databases. I'm trying to match names
in different columns that have different formats. One has LN, FN,
Initial format with info presented in 1 column (Column B), the other
has LN,FN with info in 2columns, H:I, all names sorted alpha ascending.

Due to the queries involved (PeopleSoft & Employease DB's), I do not
have a matching determinate like SSN.

I poked around using MS Help - that was an exercise in frustration, and
even tried to cobble together a funtion using VLOOKUP and MATCH (or LEN)
was futile. The shortest employee name is 4 characters.

Can you give me an example I can use for this problem? Any help is
sincerely appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark
Boston

--
LTUser54
LTUser54's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33459

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

You can check this page:

The example 4 of INDEX and MATCH can be useful in your case.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.