Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
brian

Default Need formula help!!!

Can anyone help me? I need to write a formula that will multiply the amount
in a specified cell by 100 if the cell value is less than 7 or multiply it
by 85 if the cell value is 7 or greater. Thanks in advnce for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

A1 = some number

=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),IF(A1<7,A1*100,A1*85),"")

Biff

"brian" wrote in message
. ..
Can anyone help me? I need to write a formula that will multiply the
amount
in a specified cell by 100 if the cell value is less than 7 or multiply it
by 85 if the cell value is 7 or greater. Thanks in advnce for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann

Just for fun:

=A1*72.25*(700/595)^(1+(A17))

--

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Dana Delouis would be proud!

Biff

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
Just for fun:

=A1*72.25*(700/595)^(1+(A17))

--

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana DeLouis

<lol :) I couldn't arrive at Sandy Mann's neat solution. The best I
got was
=A1*POWER(20/17,LOG(85)/ LOG(20/17)+(A1<7))
which isn't as nice.
(I may have my 85/100 are reversed)

If it's n*100 if n <7, maybe...

=A1*(15*(A1<7)+85)

by 100 if the cell value is less than 7 by 85 if the cell value is 7 or
greater.

--
Dana DeLouis

"Biff" wrote in message
Just for fun:

=A1*72.25*(700/595)^(1+(A17))
Sandy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It was Serendipity really but if I were to think about it again I would
say:

Multiply the number in A1 by 85 and if it is more than 7 multiply it by
*a bit more* The bit more of course being 100/85. So that would give
us:

=A1*85*(100/85)^(A17)

Regards

Sandy

Dana DeLouis wrote:
<lol :) I couldn't arrive at Sandy Mann's neat solution. The best I
got was
=A1*POWER(20/17,LOG(85)/ LOG(20/17)+(A1<7))
which isn't as nice.
(I may have my 85/100 are reversed)

If it's n*100 if n <7, maybe...

=A1*(15*(A1<7)+85)

by 100 if the cell value is less than 7 by 85 if the cell value is 7 or
greater.

--
Dana DeLouis

"Biff" wrote in message