Task Lead Nicole

Default Break a link/formula but keep the data?

Is there any way to break (get rid of) the formulas on a sheet (which the
data from another sheet to populate this sheet) but keep the data?
Tom Ogilvy

select all such cells.

do edit =Copy
then immediatly do Edit=Paste special and select just Values.

This will do what you describe.

Tom Ogilvy

"Task Lead Nicole" wrote in
message ...
Is there any way to break (get rid of) the formulas on a sheet (which the
data from another sheet to populate this sheet) but keep the data?

Trang

I receive a file where the sender used a link to his own source, but he does
not send me his source. When I open the file I can see the value of the
linked data, but when I click either "update" or "don't update" the linked
cell become "#NAME?" and the value disappear. How can I keep the value as
when the file was just opened?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

select all such cells.

do edit =Copy
then immediatly do Edit=Paste special and select just Values.

This will do what you describe.

Tom Ogilvy

"Task Lead Nicole" wrote in
message ...
Is there any way to break (get rid of) the formulas on a sheet (which the
data from another sheet to populate this sheet) but keep the data?

Dave Peterson

xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors.

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

Maybe it'll work ok for you.

--

Dave Peterson
Trang

Thank you for your reply. But I do as instructed in that group and it does
not work.
Can you be more detailed?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

select all such cells.

do edit =Copy
then immediatly do Edit=Paste special and select just Values.

This will do what you describe.

Tom Ogilvy

"Task Lead Nicole" wrote in
message ...
Is there any way to break (get rid of) the formulas on a sheet (which the
data from another sheet to populate this sheet) but keep the data?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Second time is the charm.