Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
iamtwon

Default Multiple criteria help...

So I need to have Excel check one column for a particular value and then
check a different column in the same row if the it found the particular
value in the original column.

In the end I need it to tally up the total amount of finding x in this
col/row and finding y in the next col/same row.

I've been toying with this for hours.

Heres sort of what I am talking about

if(col/row = "whatever" and col/same row = "this", return/sum/count)

Please help me!!!!

THX

-Anthony

ps noob to the forum, but not noob to excel.

--
iamtwon
iamtwon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34630

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Try this to COUNT how many times X appears in column A and Y appears in
column B:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="X"),--(B1:B100="Y"))

Try this to get the SUM of column C where column A contains X and column B
contains Y:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="X"),--(B1:B100="Y"),C1:C100)

Biff

"iamtwon" wrote in
message ...