Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Annette

Default create template with certain fields to input information only

I am looking to create a template inwhich we can tab to each field to enter
in the information and have the rest of the document read only. This is
actually a mortgage prequalification worksheet that I am trying to create and
I only want the fields that need information to be open an available.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

on each cell you want to be able to input items, use the format cells
option and set the protection to UNLOCKED. Once all cells are done,
use the tools menu to protect the worksheet - job done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

You can protect the worksheet, and unlock only the cells that you want the
users to fill (this will allow the Tab navigation automatically).
To unlock a cell, select the cell and go to Format-Cell-Protection, and
clear the box Locked. Do this before protecting the worksheet.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.