Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jaco Jacobs

Default Using Vlookuop and then calculating

I have a sheet that has various different values and I would like to check
for the same number then take one figure from another.

A has value 3000001 and so has D and I but in different rows
In columns B and E there are values that would need to be taken from each
other but only if D and A match with I.
The calculation needs to be in J

Hope this makes sense
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Mac

Give this a try in Colum J

=IF(ISERROR(OR(VLOOKUP(I1,$A$1:$B$5,2,0),VLOOKUP(I 1,$D$1:$E$5,2,0))),"Entry
not found",VLOOKUP(I1,$A$1:$B$5,2,0)-VLOOKUP(I1,$D$1:$E$5,2,0))
--
Thanks for your help -
Joe Mac