Acfonseca

Default Parsing words in excel cells

I need to move a word from one cell to another, for examle, i have three
words and i want to transfer only the lasts one to another cell. I can't use
the RIGHT function because it uses a fix number of caracters but this word
can have different leghnts...
Jason Morin

One way:

=RIGHT(A1,MATCH(" ",MID(A1,1+LEN(A1)-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN
(A1))),1),0)-1)

Press ctrl/shift/enter after inserting this formula. It's
an array formula.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I need to move a word from one cell to another, for

examle, i have three
words and i want to transfer only the lasts one to

another cell. I can't use
the RIGHT function because it uses a fix number of

caracters but this word
can have different leghnts...
.

Don Guillett

One way. If I understand you, this will find the space and do what you
desire.
=RIGHT(F24,LEN(F24)-FIND(" ",F24)) 2 words
=RIGHT(F24,LEN(F24)-FIND(" ",F24,FIND(" ",F24)+1)) 3 words
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software