Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MU_Shadow

Default Excel Web Queiries should work with protected web sites.

The next version of Excel should allow web queries to login to a web site and
then extract data from the page. My company has an internal site but it has
a security wrapper around this website. I would like to pull data off of
this site but I can not do it easliy because of the login. I can open the
web query and login before I extract the data, but it is time consuming. It
should allow for a pop up window with a user name and password to be tied to
two corisponding fields on the web page. That should be submited and then
the web query extract data from the resulting page.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions