Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mkuethe

Default Lookup Formula???

I want to export a query from Access to Excel and then analyze the data.
What I'm pulling into Excel is data with 31 columns. (30 are audit
questions and the last is the name of the person being audited.)

Row 1 is a header row, showing each question's description. (i.e.
Greeting, time check, transfer, etc.) The remaining rows are either 1,
0 or -1 for the 30 questions, and the person's name in the last column.
("1" is considered a pass, "0" is considered a fail, and "-1" is
considered not applicable.)

The purpose of the analysis is to identify all questions scored as "0"
for each person.

The problem is, each person has more than one audit, so I guess I need
some kind of lookup formula that will look at the scores for all of
each person's audits and return the question description for all cases
of a "0" score.

For instance, John Doe scored a "0" on Greeting in three different
audits, but only one "0" on Transfer. I would want the formula to
produce the following results:

John Doe:
Greeting
Transfer
Greeting
Greeting

We would then analyze the data each month, allowing us to identify
trends. (i.e. John Doe scores "0" on greeting several times each
month - maybe additional training is needed for John on greeting
requirements.)

If anyone can assist, I would greatly appreciate it. If needed, I can
provide further information.

--
mkuethe
mkuethe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34568

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kraljb

You could use the SUMPRODUCT formula to help you with this.

Assume that Sheet1!Column A is greeting and Sheet1!Column D is the
persons name

Setup a similar table on Sheet2 but with only one row per person rather
than multiple and it would be something like this...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A:$A=0),--(Sheet1!$D:$D=$D2))

That should return the count of all '0' for greeting for the person in
D2. You can copy and paste that formula down for each person and
category and get the results.

While it won't give you
Greeting
Transfer
Greeting
Greeting

It will give you

Greeting Transfer Name
3 1 Smith
2 0 Jones

--
kraljb
kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9955

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mkuethe

I'm getting a !NUM error.

--
mkuethe
mkuethe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34568
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543319

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A1:$A1000=0),--(Sheet1!$D1:$D1000=$D2))

Note that SUMPRODUCT doesn't work with complete columns, you have to specify
a range.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips