Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deeds

Default Sumproduct-multiple criteria for same range "OR"

I found a solution to my problem....

However, to designate "or" between multiple conditions existing in a
*single* range, you can create an array of these "or" conditions, using an
array constant, as:
=Sumproduct((Range1-{Condition1,Condition2,Condition3})*( ... )).

The above solution works IF I type in the conditions which are text...so
when I type in "Condition1" in quotes and "Condition2" in quotes it works as
I want it as an OR statement. However, when I try to put a cell reference as
the conditions where the cell reference is the actual text condition...it
does not work. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Something like

=SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(MATCH(Range1,E1:E2,0))*(Rang e2)))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Deeds" wrote in message
I found a solution to my problem....

However, to designate "or" between multiple conditions existing in a
*single* range, you can create an array of these "or" conditions, using an
array constant, as:
=Sumproduct((Range1-{Condition1,Condition2,Condition3})*( ... )).

The above solution works IF I type in the conditions which are text...so
when I type in "Condition1" in quotes and "Condition2" in quotes it works

as
I want it as an OR statement. However, when I try to put a cell reference

as
the conditions where the cell reference is the actual text condition...it
does not work. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deeds

Works....thanks much!
Followup: why do I use the "ISNUMBER" when the criteria is text?....
thanks for your help.

"Deeds" wrote in message
I found a solution to my problem....

However, to designate "or" between multiple conditions existing in a
*single* range, you can create an array of these "or" conditions, using an
array constant, as:
=Sumproduct((Range1-{Condition1,Condition2,Condition3})*( ... )).

The above solution works IF I type in the conditions which are text...so
when I type in "Condition1" in quotes and "Condition2" in quotes it works

as
I want it as an OR statement. However, when I try to put a cell reference

as
the conditions where the cell reference is the actual text condition...it
does not work. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

The ISNUMBER does not refer to the value being tested, but the result of the
MATCYH function. If the Match finds a MATCH, it returns a numeric index,
else it returns an error. ISNUMBER measures that.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips