Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sachi Noma

Default how to insert day of the week

I use win xp home edition, sp2, excel 2003

Can someone tell me how I can insert day of the week next to my date,
example May 18, 2006 Thurs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul Lautman

Sachi Noma wrote:
I use win xp home edition, sp2, excel 2003

Can someone tell me how I can insert day of the week next to my date,
example May 18, 2006 Thurs

TEXT(NOW(),"ddd")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

You can apply a custom format and have the date/day in the same cell:

format|Cells|number tab|custom category:

mmm dd, yyyy ddd
for 3 character day

mmm dd, yyyy dddd
for the complete spelling of the day

Or with the date in A1, you could use an additional cell:
=a1
and format as ddd or dddd

or
=text(a1,"ddd")