mbparks

Default sumproduct formula

I am building a spreadsheet to track items requested and the dates they return.
There are 2 categories of items tracked.
There a several sheets. 1 sheet is the log. 1 sheet contains all the
calculations that feed the reports on 12 individual sheets (monthly reports).
On the log I have a column that calculates the age of the outstanding items
(date requested to current date).
I need a formula for the reports that will give a count of the outstanding
items (no date received) categorized by their age (under/over 40 days old).
Kevin H. Stecyk

Please see Bob Phillips' reply to you within the last two hours in this same
newsgroup. You posted your message twice here within a couple hours. Once
will suffice, and you ought to answer Bob's questions/requests.

Regards,
Kevin

"mbparks" wrote in message
I am building a spreadsheet to track items requested and the dates they
return.
There are 2 categories of items tracked.
There a several sheets. 1 sheet is the log. 1 sheet contains all the
calculations that feed the reports on 12 individual sheets (monthly
reports).
On the log I have a column that calculates the age of the outstanding
items
(date requested to current date).
I need a formula for the reports that will give a count of the outstanding
items (no date received) categorized by their age (under/over 40 days
old).

JulieD

Hi

i responded to your original post, but i've included my answer here too just
in case you can't see your original post:

"mbparks" wrote:

I am building a spreadsheet to track items requested and the dates they
return.
There are 2 categories of items tracked.
There a several sheets. 1 sheet is the log. 1 sheet contains all the
calculations that feed the reports on 12 individual sheets (monthly
reports).
On the log I have a column that calculates the age of the outstanding
items
(date requested to current date).
I need a formula for the reports that will give a count of the
outstanding
items (no date received) categorized by their age (under/over 40 days
old).

JulieD

here's the answer :)

Hi

i would create a dynamic range name for column M
e.g.
returned
refers to
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$M$2,0,0,counta(Sheet1!$H:H$)-1,1)
(refer to http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic for details on
how to create dynamic range names)

then do a
=COUNTBLANK(returned)
formula to get the number of non-returned items

for the formula in column U i would use
=DATEDIF(I2,EOMONTH(NOW(),0),"m")

Cheers
julieD