Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rashid

Default Formula!!!!

Hi All,

I have a worksheet from which I want to extract certain values from each row
depending whether certain condition has met or not. The details are as
follows:

1. Column N has an "IF STATEMENT FORMULA" which puts an "X" if it does
not meet the condition.

2. From each row where there is "X" in column N, I want to paste the
Values from Cell A4 and Cell Q4 in to cell X16 and Y16.

3. Cell Q4 has a negative value. When being pasted in cell Y16, I want
the values to change signs. So if there is negative value in Cell Q4 than in
Y16 they should be positive and vice versa.

Thanks for the help

Rashid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ian P

Rashid

Could you explain why you are pasting from A4 to X16. Is it this specific
or is this just an example? What happens if there is an x in n5? Do you
still paste to X16 or is it now x17?

Ian

"Rashid" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a worksheet from which I want to extract certain values from each row
depending whether certain condition has met or not. The details are as
follows:

1. Column N has an "IF STATEMENT FORMULA" which puts an "X" if it does
not meet the condition.

2. From each row where there is "X" in column N, I want to paste the
Values from Cell A4 and Cell Q4 in to cell X16 and Y16.

3. Cell Q4 has a negative value. When being pasted in cell Y16, I want
the values to change signs. So if there is negative value in Cell Q4 than in
Y16 they should be positive and vice versa.

Thanks for the help

Rashid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
andy62

Given more information about what you are trying to do it seems like the
whole thing could be cleaned up. But here are the most direct ways of doing
what you describe (unless I am missing something):

in cell X16 put the formula =IF(N4="x",A4,"")
in cell Y16 put the formula =IF(N4="x",-1*Q4,"")

These put the values into the new cells if there is an "x" in cell N4 (I was
assuming the x was in the same row 4 as cells A4 and Q4). In the second
equation, multiplying by negative 1 changes the sign of wahtever was in Q4.

Hope that helps.

"Rashid" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a worksheet from which I want to extract certain values from each row
depending whether certain condition has met or not. The details are as
follows:

1. Column N has an "IF STATEMENT FORMULA" which puts an "X" if it does
not meet the condition.

2. From each row where there is "X" in column N, I want to paste the
Values from Cell A4 and Cell Q4 in to cell X16 and Y16.

3. Cell Q4 has a negative value. When being pasted in cell Y16, I want
the values to change signs. So if there is negative value in Cell Q4 than in
Y16 they should be positive and vice versa.

Thanks for the help

Rashid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rashid

Thanks, it works the only problem is that my data is over 5000 lines and
there are lot of blank cell. How can I get one list without any blanks.
Typically "X" are around 100 - 150

Thanks,

Rashid

What I am also looking for is