Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to Limit Cell Values to Multiple of 10?

I'm creating an excel survey, and for each cell in the survey, I want
to ensure that users can only enter a value that is a multiple of 10
(E.g. 10, 20, 50).

Other than creating a drop down with all the multiples of 10, is there
any other way to do this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beege

Under Data/Validation/Custom

=MOD(B1/10,1)=0

Add input and output comments as desired...

Beege

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm creating an excel survey, and for each cell in the survey, I want
to ensure that users can only enter a value that is a multiple of 10
(E.g. 10, 20, 50).

Other than creating a drop down with all the multiples of 10, is there
any other way to do this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Use Data Validation with a type of Custom and a formula of =MOD(F1,10)=0

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm creating an excel survey, and for each cell in the survey, I want
to ensure that users can only enter a value that is a multiple of 10
(E.g. 10, 20, 50).

Other than creating a drop down with all the multiples of 10, is there
any other way to do this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Lets say the replies are to be put into H4: H100
Select the range H4:H100; use the menu command Data | Validation
Specify Custom in the Allow box
In the Formula box enter =MOD(H4,10)=0 (do remember the opening = sign)
Of course, if your range is something else, the cell reference is the first
cell in your range.
You can also add a message that pops up if user makes an error
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme