notaspreadsheetgenius

Default Spreadsheet to do annual investment gain$, % gain, for list

I have a list of 400 names where all I want to do is for Excel to do a total
of 3 formulas on very simple data. I have 6 cells altogether that have
actual numbers (B2 - B7). B1 just has the name of the client

B1 Name Anwar
B2 Dec. 31 2003 5000 B2+B3=B4
B3 Purchases 500
B4 Total Cost 5500 B5 - B4 = B6
B5 Mkt Dec 31 '04 6500
B6 GAIN 2004 1000
B7 Gain % 18.18% B7 = B6 divided by B4 (1000 divided by
5500)

I hope that came out okay. This is very simple. I basically just want one
of my assistants to transfer data to B1 (Name), B2 value at end of 2003, B3
purchases made in 2004. It would automatically calculate B4. B3 would be
transferred from our system and then B6 and B7 would be calculated.

No one I have asked has been able to tell me how to make the formulas so
that this will work. I don't know why because there are just 3 numbers that
are inputted and then the calculations are so simple. Should have taken a
tutorial on spreadsheets. Can anyone help?