Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MK

Default Converting Getpivotdata function in Excel '03 to Excel '00??

I have a tough problem I really need solving.
For work I had to do a huge report with a lot of getpivotdata function from
a number of pivot tables. The platform i used was Excel 2003, which I use at
home.

However, I realised that at work they only have excel 2000, and it is the
only version that employees are allow to use.

When I opened up the file at work on Excel 2000, and although the numbers
are there, when the pivot data changes or gets refreshed, the data on the
reports with the Getpivotdata functions become errored. I heard that the
syntax for the function in Excel 2003 is different from Excel 2000.

I have been crying over this, and I am looking for a solution.
please help, I am very desparate, as the report took me over 3 weeks to
complete.

Thank you in advance

MK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LTUser54

Wish I were a pivot table power user. I would like to help you more.

My humble suggestion is: Can you possibly save it as read-only in Excel
97-2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook format?

Not allow changes & update it as necessary using the 2003 version it
was created in?

Is there some kind of converter software you can use that guarantees to
preserve the features you want & makes it accessible in Excel 2000?

Since you have 3 weeks work involved in this, even if you have to pay
for software to convert it, it should be worth your while.

I wish you the best of luck.

Mark
Boston, MA

--
LTUser54
LTUser54's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33459

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish

The GetPivotData function arguments are different in Excel 2000, and I
don't know of any way to automatically convert them from the Excel 2003
structure.

In Excel 2000, the formula isn't automatically created when you link to
a pivot table cell, so you'll probably have to rebuild them.

MK wrote:
[...]

Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MK

Thank you all for giving me those suggestions.

For one, I have looked for a software out there on the net on this, but so
far unsuccessful.

I haven't yet attempted to save as a MS Excel 2000 sheet from my excel 2003
at home, and I will definately give this a try.

I don't mind paying for a software that converts syntaxes, as I have
permission to bill the company (to a certain amount) for this! Please, it
anyone has any idea, let me know!!!

Thank you again in advance.

MK

MK wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FPL FPL is offline

Hi, i am having the same problem you have, except i run Excel 2004 for Mac,
and the same situation exists. So far, i have been very unlucky at finding a
solution. If you ever find out let me know, i am in the same boat you are,
and feel very frustrated.

thanks,
Francisco