Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SanctifiedRock

Default Range Name C

I am using Data/Validation/List to display a list based on what is
entered in another cell. using the formula: INDIRECT({Cell
Reference}). My problem is one of my needed Named Ranges should be "C"
but whenever I try to use it I get an error message.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

--
SanctifiedRock
SanctifiedRock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34485

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Excel probably is getting confused with cell references. Use a different
name, differentiating form cell addresses.
--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"SanctifiedRock"
<SanctifiedRock.27wnlc_1147791003.7624@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:SanctifiedRock.27wnlc_1147791003.7624@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

I am using Data/Validation/List to display a list based on what is
entered in another cell. using the formula: INDIRECT({Cell
Reference}). My problem is one of my needed Named Ranges should be "C"
but whenever I try to use it I get an error message.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

--
SanctifiedRock
SanctifiedRock's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542526

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

"C" and "R" are not valid names because they would get confused with L1C1
notation

HTH
--
AP

"Bob Phillips" a écrit dans le message
de news: ...
Excel probably is getting confused with cell references. Use a different
name, differentiating form cell addresses.
--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"SanctifiedRock"
<SanctifiedRock.27wnlc_1147791003.7624@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message
news:SanctifiedRock.27wnlc_1147791003.7624@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

I am using Data/Validation/List to display a list based on what is
entered in another cell. using the formula: INDIRECT({Cell
Reference}). My problem is one of my needed Named Ranges should be "C"
but whenever I try to use it I get an error message.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

--
SanctifiedRock
SanctifiedRock's Profile: