Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gmoney

Default Merging a full column into a single cell

Hey, if anyone can help me out with this it would be greatly
appreciated.

Here is my problem: I am trying to merge the content of a large column
into a single cell. I want the same results as when I use the combining
formula (ex. =A1&A2&A3...) problem is that a formula can't be longer
then something like 100 characters and Im trying to merge columns which
contain a few hundred cells. I believe there are a few programs out
there that do this (Excel Merge, Merge assistant) but I'm not willing
to pay 30 dollars or such a fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance :) !
Gab

--
Gmoney
Gmoney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34465

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Per Erik Midtrød

One solotion which should work:
In B1 put = a1, in B2 put =B1&A1 and copy down.

Per Erik

On Mon, 15 May 2006 15:00:09 -0500, Gmoney
wrote:

Hey, if anyone can help me out with this it would be greatly
appreciated.

Here is my problem: I am trying to merge the content of a large column
into a single cell. I want the same results as when I use the combining
formula (ex. =A1&A2&A3...) problem is that a formula can't be longer
then something like 100 characters and Im trying to merge columns which
contain a few hundred cells. I believe there are a few programs out
there that do this (Excel Merge, Merge assistant) but I'm not willing
to pay 30 dollars or such a fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance :) !
Gab

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveG

Gab,

Check out Laurent Longre’s site. He has a free add in that features
the MCONCAT function which will do exactly what you want.

i.e.

A1:A10 contains 1 - 10.

=MCONCAT(A1:A10,",")

In B1 produces [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10]

HTH
Steve

http://www.rhdatasolutions.com/morefunc/

--
SteveG
SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7571

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gmoney

Thanks for the Help guys,

Someone sent me this solution from McGimpsey's site.
Here is the link if anyone is interested (It worked great)
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html

Thanks!,
Gab