Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
librarygirl

Default Lines around cells

Hi

I joined your group after searching the archives for help and could not
find anything. I have an Excel spread sheet that is 15 columns and 148
rows. Cells G18:G36, I18:I36 and G54:G60 have a blue border around
them.

I can see the border when I am viewing the spreadsheet at 25% but not
50% or 100%. I can also see it in the print preview and on paper. I
want only horizontal lines, not vertical lines. The borders function
does not help. I erased each border individually and I also changed
the border to white, but it has not effect. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

librarygirl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

Try this on a copy of your data...........the lines may not be boarders, but
may be Drawing Objects.......slowly approach one of the "lines", and if the
cursor changes shape, right-click cut........if it was a drawing object, it
will now be gone.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"librarygirl" wrote:

Hi

I joined your group after searching the archives for help and could not
find anything. I have an Excel spread sheet that is 15 columns and 148
rows. Cells G18:G36, I18:I36 and G54:G60 have a blue border around
them.

I can see the border when I am viewing the spreadsheet at 25% but not
50% or 100%. I can also see it in the print preview and on paper. I
want only horizontal lines, not vertical lines. The borders function
does not help. I erased each border individually and I also changed
the border to white, but it has not effect. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

librarygirl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
librarygirl

Thanks for the advice, but the cursor does not change.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Try selecting all the cells in one of the ranges and using
Edit-Clear-Formats to try to get rid of the borders. You'll lose ALL
formatting, but then you can start fresh & format the cells the way you want.

"librarygirl" wrote:

Thanks for the advice, but the cursor does not change.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
librarygirl

Hi everyone,

I received some advice from another source. Basically it seems my
lines were representing a text box. I copied the lines to a new
worksheet. Deleted them from the original worksheet (note just clear
contents), went back to the new worksheet, copied the cells, and
inserted the copied cells in my original worksheet the lines were gone.

Thanks