Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
red maple 98

Default vlookup and subscript text formatting

I work with chemical formulas which include subscript formatting i.e.
H2O (the 2 should be subscript. Even here I can't get the subscript to
follow with copy/paste). I work in Excel 2003

I want to pull from one table to another , but I need it to pull the
subscripted character as is. I've tried to find a similar thread and
have worked with INDEX - MATCH combos but no success. VLOOKUP has
certainly not worked. It pulls the text but without the subscripting.

Is there some combination of functions which will pull text as
formatted from one table to another?

I thought I might have been onto something with this but I get #VALUE
as result.

=CELL("text",OFFSET(number,MATCH(A29,jde,0),3))
number = lookup value jde = lookup array

If I replace "text" with "format" I get G (general) although the cell
in original table is text.

If functions don't work can VBA help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme

Don't use subscripts, use a font that has the digits as sub and subscripts
in its character set.
See
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...and_Charts.htm
for such a font.
best wishes and don't drink too much dihydrogen monoxide with out adding
ethanol.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"red maple 98" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

I couldn't find a link to the font in the page, just the example. Doing a
google search I could download the font from:
http://www.ars-chemia.net/Classes/ChemSanSerif.TTF

It is really nice! Thanks, Bernand.
Miguel.