Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fuzzyjon

Default Changing the case of text data

Hi everyone

I currently have a set of data which is all in upper-case text
characters.

Before I can merge the data with another column I need it so that the
first letter of each cell is in upper-case and the rest is in
lower-case.

e.g. I currently have LONDON and I need it to say London

Does anyone know if this is possible within Excel?

Many thanks for your help.

Jon

--
fuzzyjon
fuzzyjon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34378

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi fuzzyjon
This is one of the functions which you get with ASAP Utilities' free add-in,
along with tons of other useful stuff. Have a look he
www.asap-utilities.com

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"fuzzyjon" wrote in
message ...

Hi everyone

I currently have a set of data which is all in upper-case text
characters.

Before I can merge the data with another column I need it so that the
first letter of each cell is in upper-case and the rest is in
lower-case.

e.g. I currently have LONDON and I need it to say London

Does anyone know if this is possible within Excel?

Many thanks for your help.

Jon

--
fuzzyjon
fuzzyjon's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542110

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CarlosAntenna

If "LONDON" is in cell A1 the function =PROPER(A1) will give you "London".

If it is "LONDON BRIDGE" you will get "London Bridge".

Does this help?

--
Carlos

"fuzzyjon" wrote in
message ...

Hi everyone

I currently have a set of data which is all in upper-case text
characters.

Before I can merge the data with another column I need it so that the
first letter of each cell is in upper-case and the rest is in
lower-case.

e.g. I currently have LONDON and I need it to say London

Does anyone know if this is possible within Excel?

Many thanks for your help.

Jon

--
fuzzyjon
fuzzyjon's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542110

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fuzzyjon

Hi Andy

Thanks for your help.

I have also just come across another way to do this too.... using the
PROPER() function.

Cheers
:)

--
fuzzyjon
fuzzyjon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34378
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=542110

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

It is worth checking out the add-in. It will do the job in place, rather
than using helper cells and there are lots of other interesting functions. I
have nothing to do with ASAP, by the way, I just like the add-in!!

Cheers - and glad you're sorted.
Andy.

"fuzzyjon" wrote in
message ...