Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fuzzyjon

Default Deleting the same character automatically in each cell

Hi there everyone,

I have some data which has been output from our database into Excel.

The data takes the form of Company name, address, website, e-mail etc
(all in separate columns).

Before each bit of data in every cell there appears to be a '

... so, the data looks like....

'ABC Ltd
'42 High Street
'www.abc.com

.... etc.....

However, if you look at the actual cell you cannot see the ' (you can
only see it in the formula bar).

Is there any way to automatically delete this in every cell without
manually going through the data?

Thanks for your help.

Jon

--
fuzzyjon
fuzzyjon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34378

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:

First, check your transition settings:
<tools<options<transition tab
Only Microsoft Excel menus should be checked.

See if that fixes the problem

If NO, then .....
Copy a single-row, blank set of cells from below the data range
<edit<copy
Select all of your data
<edit<paste special
Check: Add
Click the [OK] button

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"fuzzyjon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR

If your cells are not Specially Formatted, select a blank-unused cell and
then click on the FormatPainter Paintbrush icon and then click on the cells
you wish to change from the leading apostrophe........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"fuzzyjon" wrote:

[...]