Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CJ

Default Graph orientation

Using Excell 2000, I created a cos graph using the standard format and XY
(scatter). This graph is in the horizontal form, that is the degrees from
0-360 are the x axis and the y axis contains the range -1 to 1. Is it
possible to plot the same graph and rotate it 90 degrees clockwise? All
suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Andy Pope

Hi,

Use the Source Data dialog, right click chart area and pick from popup
menu, to swap the ranges used for the x and y data.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CJ

HI Andy
I have had some success; thank you. There is one more item to be adjusted.
The COS graph is now vertical but the the vertical scale needs to be rotated
180 degrees. I have 360 at the top and 0 at the bottom. These need to be
swapped because there is a bar that is supposed to begin at zero and move
down the page. This bar begins at xero and moves up the page instead. I tried
to change the y values from P3:P27 to P27:P3 but this didn't work. I am using
Excel 2000.
Can this be done.

CJ wrote:
Using Excell 2000, I created a cos graph using the standard format and XY
(scatter). This graph is in the horizontal form, that is the degrees from
0-360 are the x axis and the y axis contains the range -1 to 1. Is it
possible to plot the same graph and rotate it 90 degrees clockwise? All
suggestions are greatly appreciated.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Andy Pope

To reverse the Y axis double click it and on the Scale tab set the
following.
Values in Reverse order
Value (X) axis crosses at maximum value

Cheers