Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sunzfan

Default Break up my URLs? Can't figure it out...

I have a DB with lots of URLs, "http://www.mysite.com/my-page.html"

What i need, is to be able to pull out "http://www.mysite.com" and

the ".html" and have the remaining "my-page" remove / replace the dash
with

a space, so my result is "my page"

I can't seem to figure this one out? Please help!

--
sunzfan
sunzfan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34408

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett

I should just direct you to excel help index for LEFT, FIND & MID but if you
want formulas try these.

=LEFT(C12,FIND("com",C12)+2)
http://www.mysite.com

my-page
=MID(C12,FIND("com",C12)+4,FIND("html",C12)-FIND("com",C12)-5)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"sunzfan" wrote in
message ...

I have a DB with lots of URLs, "http://www.mysite.com/my-page.html"

What i need, is to be able to pull out "http://www.mysite.com" and

the ".html" and have the remaining "my-page" remove / replace the dash
with

a space, so my result is "my page"

I can't seem to figure this one out? Please help!

--
sunzfan
sunzfan's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541864

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
duane

see MID function, if expression in cella1

=mid(a1,12,10)

if the site name is variable in length it gets a little more comlpex

--
duane

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11624
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541864