Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
johnnstacy

Default Filtering numbers in a column?

I have a column within a spreadsheet that has sets of numbers in it. The
numbers are random. For example: 129 245 789 345. What I want to do is
filter these rows and pull out the rows that have just the number 245
in it or bring them to the top or seperate them in some way. Can
someone offer help? Thanks.

--
johnnstacy
johnnstacy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27302

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar

Have you tried using the AutoFilter?

Select your row, then from the Data Menu, select Filter, then AutoFilter.

You should now see an arrow in the header row of your column. If you don't
have a header row, then you should add one to use this method. Click this
and you'll see several options for sorting/filtering your data.

HTH,
Elkar

"johnnstacy" wrote:

I have a column within a spreadsheet that has sets of numbers in it. The
numbers are random. For example: 129 245 789 345. What I want to do is
filter these rows and pull out the rows that have just the number 245
in it or bring them to the top or seperate them in some way. Can
someone offer help? Thanks.

--
johnnstacy
johnnstacy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27302
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541672

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
johnnstacy

Want to make sure I was clear. Each cell in that column has a group of
numbers as I described. I am trying to sort the spreadsheet and
identify which cells have a particular number and group them together.
Clear as mud? Sorry. Not great at describing.

--
johnnstacy
johnnstacy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27302
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541672

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
johnnstacy

I did try autofilter but it did not work as expected. In my case I am
looking for the number 129. Within this column there are some cells
with the same set of 6 numbers for example: 111 113 118 129 134. There
are also some cells that just have the number 129. The autofilter isn't
allowing me to pull all the number with 129. It is sorting them into
groups.

--
johnnstacy
johnnstacy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27302
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541672

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
johnnstacy

Nevermind. I found the custom button. Sorry. I can be dense.....