Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
inthestands

Default change display format for excel folders and files

My excel folders get quite large. I try and find my files by changing my
file format to details and then sort by date to locate my most recent files.
How can I change the way windows stores my files so that they always open in
detail and the most recent file is sorted to the top of the list? Sorry if
this is not an excel function question, I just find you guys always have
great guick answers.
--
inthestands
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

"inthestands" wrote:
My excel folders get quite large. I try and find my files by changing my
file format to details and then sort by date to locate my most recent files.
How can I change the way windows stores my files so that they always open in
detail and the most recent file is sorted to the top of the list?

Try this in Explorer
Click on a folder in the left pane
Click View Details, then click to sort "Date Modified" descending
Then click Tools Folder Options View tab Apply to all folders Yes
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

You might also want to check out Daniel Klann's
Favourites Add-in for Microsoft Excel at his:

http://www.danielklann.com/excel/exc...tes_add-in.htm

In his words:
".. This is a simple add-in I wrote that allows you to access frequently
used files and folders from within Excel, much like the 'Favorites' feature
in Internet Explorer or 'Bookmarks' in Netscape Navigator. The add-in allows
you to open your favourite files, or display the file open dialog at a
particular folder.... "

--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
inthestands

Thanks, the add-ins are great, and the instructions to modify the file were
great. Thanks again
--
inthestands

"Max" wrote:

You might also want to check out Daniel Klann's
Favourites Add-in for Microsoft Excel at his:

http://www.danielklann.com/excel/exc...tes_add-in.htm

In his words:
".. This is a simple add-in I wrote that allows you to access frequently
used files and folders from within Excel, much like the 'Favorites' feature
in Internet Explorer or 'Bookmarks' in Netscape Navigator. The add-in allows
you to open your favourite files, or display the file open dialog at a
particular folder.... "

--
Max
Singapore