Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Liliana

Default How can I sum data on a row from certain named columns?

I have a list of products on columns with the materials correspondence (on
rows). At each product I have more 2 columns that shows me how many of each
material I need for producing a number of products. The same material is used
by another product, so I need to sum the material needs only for the "Total"
named columns of each product. This means I have to sum every third column's
cell by row.
Can anyone give me some help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Assume you want to sum cells A1, D1, G1 and J1.

Since that's not a very big range I would just use:

=SUM(A1,D1,G1,J1)

If you have a larger range, every 3rd cell from A1 to BA1:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(A1:BA1),3)=1),A1:BA1)

Biff