Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luiz Rapolla

Default CELL function.

Does the CELL function works with a external file?
I want to get the path and file name for a external file, but the CELL
function works only the active worksheet...

Does anyone know if this is possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

No, but you could use the cell function in that other workbook and just link
to the cell with the formula in the other workbook

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Luiz Rapolla" wrote in message
Does the CELL function works with a external file?
I want to get the path and file name for a external file, but the CELL
function works only the active worksheet...

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luiz Rapolla

Your suggestion works fine, but after try again, the CELL functions worked
fine with a external file. Follow an example:

=CELL("filename",'[excelfile.xls]Sheet1'!$D$23)

Thanks a lot for your tip!

Luiz Rapolla
"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

No, but you could use the cell function in that other workbook and just link
to the cell with the formula in the other workbook

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Luiz Rapolla" wrote in message
Does the CELL function works with a external file?
I want to get the path and file name for a external file, but the CELL
function works only the active worksheet...

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

OK, I thought you meant that the other workbook was closed, if so you'll get
a #N/A error if you use your formula

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

No, but you could use the cell function in that other workbook and just
link
to the cell with the formula in the other workbook

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Luiz Rapolla" wrote in message
Does the CELL function works with a external file?
I want to get the path and file name for a external file, but the CELL
function works only the active worksheet...

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luiz Rapolla

Of course... The CELL function doesn't work with closed excel files, but the
link works... I'll check with my customer and let him to make the choice for
the best option.

Tks Peo

Luiz Rapolla