Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Simon Lloyd

Default Scoring function not quite right?

I am trying to create a golf scoring system for our
society............yes i know its boring!, i have most of the functions
in place but when it calculates anything less than 18 it still gives a
net deduction. I have attatched a zipped file, its not very large and
there is a little explanation on the scorecard page.

Hope you can help,

Simon.

|Filename: golf scorecard.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4740 |

Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=540504

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Change the formula in Sheet1 E5 to:

=IF(D5="",0,IF(C5D$1,D5,IF($C5<$D$1-18,D5-2,D5-1)))

Copy down

Biff

"Simon Lloyd"
wrote in message

I am trying to create a golf scoring system for our
society............yes i know its boring!, i have most of the functions
in place but when it calculates anything less than 18 it still gives a
net deduction. I have attatched a zipped file, its not very large and
there is a little explanation on the scorecard page.

Hope you can help,

Simon.

|Filename: golf scorecard.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4740 |

Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=540504

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Simon Lloyd

Thanks Biff, worked a treat, it's been driving me mad because i didnt
know how to nest the if statement!

Thanks again,

Simon

--
Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=540504

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Biff

"Simon Lloyd"
wrote in message

Thanks Biff, worked a treat, it's been driving me mad because i didnt
know how to nest the if statement!

Thanks again,

Simon

--
Simon Lloyd
Simon Lloyd's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=540504

Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM