-   -   why do i sometimes not see the "Filter Mode" in Excel status bar? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/87754-why-do-i-sometimes-not-see-filter-mode-excel-status-bar.html)

Teri

why do i sometimes not see the "Filter Mode" in Excel status bar?

Most times I can see the "Filter Mode" and also the count of items
filtered....but sometimes I just see the word "done". It seems like this
might be when I have saved a csv file as EXCEL. do I need to save
differently?

Ron Coderre

why do i sometimes not see the "Filter Mode" in Excel status bar?

Debra Dalgleish's website explains it:

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

Does that help?
Regards,