Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paulinmarketing

Default Countif thats works erratically

When I set up a countif function relating to another sheet in a workbook,
most of the cells work but random one's don't and return a 0 even when the
source cells have the correct criteria.

I've checked the cell formatting and can't see why it doesn't work on random
cells

Help please!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
macropod

Hi Paul,

It could be that the errant ones have been input as text instead of numbers,
or vice-versa.

Cheers

"Paulinmarketing" wrote in
message ...
When I set up a countif function relating to another sheet in a workbook,
most of the cells work but random one's don't and return a 0 even when the
source cells have the correct criteria.

I've checked the cell formatting and can't see why it doesn't work on

random
cells

Help please!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paulinmarketing

The source cells contain text and are fomatted as general, changed them to
text but that doesn't cure the problem. I'm trying to get counts of cells
with same text but some just don't work

Thanks,

Paul

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Paul,

It could be that the errant ones have been input as text instead of numbers,
or vice-versa.

Cheers

"Paulinmarketing" wrote in
message ...
When I set up a countif function relating to another sheet in a workbook,
most of the cells work but random one's don't and return a 0 even when the
source cells have the correct criteria.

I've checked the cell formatting and can't see why it doesn't work on

random
cells

Help please!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR

Is your criteria 1 word or multiple words?

In either case, look for imbedded spaces (prefix and/or suffix),
And if spaces are included in your criteria [CHAR(32)], make sure the data
has the *same type* of spaces [maybe CHAR(160)].

--

HTH,

RD

"Paulinmarketing" wrote in