Kevin M

Default Pivot table woes.

Hi everyone, TIA for having a look..

I have three columns of data validation, they are the
same list, basically they just allow the user to choose
up to three items from the list for clarity in the data.
Upon doing the pivot table (the data is initially based
on days and can repeat, hence the tables), i've run into
a snag, how do i set it up so that the table is
calculating the Count from the entire array instead of
column by column?

Then, the next issue after that is that there are two,
almost identical sheets that are used for similar (but
not similar enough) entries. So, similar Data validated
lists, i need to wither add the two seperate tables, or
combine them into one. I know, troublesome.. but worth a
brain flexing, i know i have.

I tried to combine the multiple pages into 1 table only
to have it take over 15 minutes to initially read the
data and finally a forced shutdown of Excel XP to bring
it around. I'm now sitting shaking in my chair
muttering "pivot tables are our friends" over and over
again :-)

Thanks for the help.

Kevin M