Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pamarty

Default Grouping & Group Totals

Hi,

I am new to Pivot tables and need help on grouping some finiancial
data. I have the following fields in my data file:

Bookside: (has values of Assets and Debts)
Product Types: (CASH, MF_ARM etc)
CASH falls under both Assets and Debts

I added both bookside and product type to the column area. I need to
group some of the product types within DEBTS to "Derivatives" and the
rest to "Debts" and have subtotals displayed for each of these groups
as well as the total for Debts + Derivatives which should be the
grandtotal for DEBTS.

When I try to group the product types into derivatives and debts, excel
changes the value of CASH listing under the ASSETS to the group name
that I give to the Debts group containg Cash product type . The same
thing happens if I start by grouping all the asset product types first
(since cash falls under both assets and debts).

Could someone help me to solve this problem and display the group total
for each group.

Thanks,
Pamarty