Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WalkerDude999

Default Miles Per Hour

Hiya's,

I'm a walker and I like to keep track of my miles and times. I'd like to be
able to use excel to figure my miles per hour. I keep track of the miles in a
number format..i.e. 8.67 miles. And I keep track of my total times in a time
format...i.e. 2:15:13. This would be 2 hours 15 minutes & 13 Seconds.

I have no idea how to set up this formula. Any suggestions would be greatly
apreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CaptainQuattro

WalkerDude999 Wrote:
Hiya's,

I'm a walker and I like to keep track of my miles and times. I'd like
to be
able to use excel to figure my miles per hour. I keep track of the
miles in a
number format..i.e. 8.67 miles. And I keep track of my total times in a
time
format...i.e. 2:15:13. This would be 2 hours 15 minutes & 13 Seconds.

I have no idea how to set up this formula. Any suggestions would be
greatly
apreciated.

If miles are in cell A1 and Time is in cell B1, in cell C1 enter

= A1/B1/24.

After entering the formula use Format Cells Number to change the
format of cell C1 to something other than Date/Time.

--
CaptainQuattro
CaptainQuattro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32763