Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
henry south

Default LARGE IMPORT

NEED TO SEE IF THERE IS A WAY TO BEAT THE 65K LINE BARRIER. WORKING WITH A
300,000 LINE TEXT FILE. NOW I HAVE TO USE ANOTHER PROGRAM TO BREAK THE TEXT
FILE DOWN.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alan

No, 65536 rows is it in the current versions. The new Excel does more but
I'm not sure about 300,000 rows,
Regards,
Alan.
"henry south" wrote in message
NEED TO SEE IF THERE IS A WAY TO BEAT THE 65K LINE BARRIER. WORKING WITH
300,000 LINE TEXT FILE. NOW I HAVE TO USE ANOTHER PROGRAM TO BREAK THE
TEXT
FILE DOWN.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
darlove

Sorry. There is NO WAY of breaking the barrier. The number of rows is a
CONSTANT and cannot be changed. This is one of the very few limitations
of Excel. The best option is use several spreadsheets, which should
pose no problem.

Darlove (PL)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Next version has a million (2^20) rows and 16k (2^14) columns

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Alan" wrote in message
No, 65536 rows is it in the current versions. The new Excel does more but
I'm not sure about 300,000 rows,
Regards,
Alan.
"henry south" wrote in message
NEED TO SEE IF THERE IS A WAY TO BEAT THE 65K LINE BARRIER. WORKING WITH
300,000 LINE TEXT FILE. NOW I HAVE TO USE ANOTHER PROGRAM TO BREAK THE
TEXT
FILE DOWN.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK

As well as Excel, I also have Quattro Pro v9 (circa 1999). That has one
million row capability, so for very large files like this one, I would
import it into QP and then copy/paste 64k rows at a time into different
sheets of an Excel workbook.

Hope this helps.

Pete