Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Smith

Default Need to exclude certain cells in a range

This should be a simple fix, but I'm not having any luck right now figuring
it out.

Need some help to exclude cells within a range of cells. Am doing an average
of 50 cells, =AVERAGE(A4:A53). Some of these cells include an asterisk and
should not be included in the final average.

TIA,

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(A4:A53),A4:A53))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Smith" wrote in message
ink.net...
This should be a simple fix, but I'm not having any luck right now

figuring
it out.

Need some help to exclude cells within a range of cells. Am doing an

average
of 50 cells, =AVERAGE(A4:A53). Some of these cells include an asterisk and
should not be included in the final average.

TIA,

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Smith

Thanks for the reply Bob. Unfortunately, that formula did not work. I hope
you don't mind, but I sent you a 17K worksheet to see what I'm trying to do.

Regards,

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(A4:A53),A4:A53))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter,
not
just Enter.

--
HTH