Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Greegan

Default xlDialogFormulaReplace

So I've discovered this:
xlDialogFormulaReplace
which will allow me to prompt for the replace window (thank you to those
whom offered answers to my questions).
Now I still have a question unanswered though.
How do I default the value of the Replace What field?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Greegan

that should be
How do I default the value of the Find What field
"Greegan" wrote in message
So I've discovered this:
xlDialogFormulaReplace
which will allow me to prompt for the replace window (thank you to those
whom offered answers to my questions).
Now I still have a question unanswered though.
How do I default the value of the Replace What field?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham

I'll be up front - I haven't found the answer for your question. the
defaults for the dialog boxes are down deep and there doesn't seem to be an
easy way to get to them. A wiser head may prevail later.

But, from reading your other questions it appears that you want to toss up a
dialog when the user tries to close/save the workbook and change some text
throughout the workbook before closing it. You say you know where that needs
to go. You also indicate that you don't want them to continue without
entering something. So...

Try this code to use the Cells.Find method to make the changes

Dim NewTextForReplacing As String
Dim WhereAmI As String
Dim AnySheet As Object

WhereAmI = ActiveSheet.Name 'save your place
Do Until NewTextForReplacing < ""
NewTextForReplacing = InputBox("Please enter your name to
continue...", "Title: Name for file", "")
Loop

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each AnySheet In Worksheets
AnySheet.Activate
Cells.Replace What:="Some Strange Text",
Replacement:=NewTextForReplacing, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False,
SearchFormat:= _
False, ReplaceFormat:=False
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

what that does is force them to enter something before they can go on.
Until they do enter something the NewTextForReplacing variable remains empty
and the input box stays up even if they use 'x' to close it or hit the
[Cancel] button.

If you want to allow them to continue without entering a phrase, then take
that out of the loop and examine NewTextForReplacing for an empty string
after that and if it is empty, do what ever it is you want. Look at the
InputBox in Excel Help to get more ideas on how to use it, especially the
Default option.

The code above will go through all of the worksheets in the book and perform
the replace throughout it.

Hope this provides you with some assistance.