Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
garyntn

Default File Names

I have a rather large spreadsheet that calculates a lot of data for me that I
manually fill in the data fields. I want to create a template that users
would fill in data, then they would save the file with a file name using our
invoice number as it's file name. They would send me that spreadsheet. My
master spreadsheet would take the data from that file and do the
calculations. Problem is, I don't want to have to enter EVERY possible file
name in my cell formulas on the master spreadsheet. These file names would
simply be consecutive numbers (example 12733.xls 12734.xls. etc.). Is there
a way to cause each line on my master spreadsheet to automatically advance
the file name to the next spreadsheet file?