Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ian

Default microsoft office excel cannot paste the data

I'm getting this error message when trying to paste data "microsoft office
excel cannot paste the data"

please help....

thanks............
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: microsoft office excel cannot paste the data

Tips for Pasting Data in Microsoft Excel
  1. Make sure the data you're trying to paste is compatible with Excel.
  2. Clear the clipboard to resolve issues with pasting.
  3. Restart Excel or your computer to resolve the issue.
  4. Repair or reinstall Excel if the issue persists.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

What are you wanting to do? Does your data have merged cells? If yes, that
could be your problem. You cannot paste data from a merged cell range into
a non-merged cells range. Both ranges have to be the same if a merged range
is involved.
Post back with more detail about what you have, what you want to do, and
how you want to do it. HTH Otto
"Ian" wrote in message
I'm getting this error message when trying to paste data "microsoft office
excel cannot paste the data"

please help....

thanks............

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
john877

Ian wrote:
I'm getting this error message when trying to paste data "microsoft office
excel cannot paste the data"

please help....

thanks............

I have experience a similar problem for the first time today. Normally
I copy hundreds of 'regular sized' snag it clip board shots into excel.
Today when I tried to past a snagit file of a scrolling window (about
two pages long) I also got the error "excel cannot paste the data"

I really intended to use this feature a LOT because excell spredsheets
are a convenient way to save and organize those odd shaped pages.

If you know what I am doing wrong, please help.
Either to this website or directly to
thank you

Junior Member

Default office cannot paste data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I'm getting this error message when trying to paste data "microsoft office
excel cannot paste the data"

please help....

i had the same problem. it caused because i disable some services (from msconfig). i am not sure which exactly but when i enable them all and restart, it was fixed

i am between these services: windows event log,parental controls,windows live id...something,windows media center receiver/sheduler,windows live family...,windows biometric service

although these services does not seem to have any relationship with office or clipboard, i enable them and it worked