Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Penny

Default Dealing with range of numbers in a cell

I'm working with numbered documents. Some clients have a range of documents
(12003-12212) I want to search for document 12,198 and pull up the specific
client tied to that document number.

Know of any possible way to make this happen? Thanks again for your time
and assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

You may use part of the example in
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...iable-lookups/
for how to use VLOOKUP in a similar case (looking for data in ranges instead
of individual values)
Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"Penny" wrote:

I'm working with numbered documents. Some clients have a range of documents
(12003-12212) I want to search for document 12,198 and pull up the specific
client tied to that document number.

Know of any possible way to make this happen? Thanks again for your time
and assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

You are welcome, I hope it may be adapted to your needs

I saw another post from you about this and additional link to the file. If
this works, and you get in a line the client name in a cell and the number in
the other, and they are related to the pdf file (for example, a folder for
the client and the number for the name of the pdf) you can use the HYPERLINK
formula. For example:
=HYPERLINK("file://C:\folder\" & A1 & "\" & B1 & ".pdf")
You need to change the folder and the references to match your specific
layout, but it may do what you needed.

Miguel.

"Penny" wrote:

I'm working with numbered documents. Some clients have a range of documents
(12003-12212) I want to search for document 12,198 and pull up the specific
client tied to that document number.

Know of any possible way to make this happen? Thanks again for your time
and assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Penny

You ROCK. Thank you so much. I apologize for posting again... I don't post
enough to know the rules/etiquette (working on that though.)

Once I get the range of docs working, I definitely need to open the addl
file. I really appreciate you taking the time to view the other post as well
and follow-up with me. Thanks again for all of your help.

Penny

"Miguel Zapico" wrote:

You are welcome, I hope it may be adapted to your needs

I saw another post from you about this and additional link to the file. If

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Penny

Miguel, Sorry to bother again. I have a question on the hyperlink. I
inserted a hyperlink and it opens the file that I requested. (Thank you!)
One last step, is there anyway to have it go to a specific page number within
the document? All of the documents are PDFs.

Thanks again for everything. I really appreciate it.

Penny